Insulated Tools & Insulated Electrical Tool Sets
Utility workers, electricians, and linemen use a wide variety of hand tools on the job. When conducting any type of electrical work, it is highly recommended that you use insulated tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers. These tools are insulated to protect against electric shock which is always a possibility when metal tools touch wiring and electrical equipment.
At Divergent Alliance, we supply insulated tool sets to electric utility workers and linemen across the United States and Chicago area. We are a distributor for the top brands in the industry that provide insulated electrical tools including Salisbury, ITL Tools and Klein insulated tools. We make sure that our insulated hand tools are in compliance with OSHA and NFPA requirements.
Insulated Electrical Tools
Utility workers and linemen should always use properly insulated tools; plastic and nylon handles are simply not enough to insulate your tools and protect from electric shock. If high voltage travels through the metal in your hand tools, it can easily get through plastic and nylon handles and deliver an electric shock.
Properly insulated electrical tools are made from both plastic and rubber or nylon that have the dielectric properties to protect from electric current. The entire tool is insulated to ensure that there are no vulnerabilities that can cause an electric shock. These tools typically have a plastic base covered with a rubber or nylon layer. If there is a hole or tear in the rubber layer the plastic layer will continue to protect from electric currents.
Each insulated electrical tool and socket can protect from up to 1000 volts AC and 1500 volts DC. These tools are often dielectrically tested at 10,000 volts AC to ensure proper protection. Insulated tools must be used to comply with OSHA and NFPA 70E requirements.
The insulated electrical tools we have available:
- Meet IEC standards for insulated hand tools
- Exceed ASTM 1505-07 standards for insulated hand tools
- Meet OSHA requirements
- Meet NFPA 70E requirements
- Tested to 10,000 volts AC and rated for 1,000 volts AC maximum exposure
- Impact resistant and flame retardant
Insulated Socket and Tool Sets
Using insulated socket sets and hand tools is important for your safety and staying in compliance with OSHA and other industry standards. Divergent Alliance can supply insulated tool sets from the following manufacturers:
- Salisbury: Salisbury offers a range of insulated hand tools including insulated screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, sockets, ratchets, and more. Their tools consist of a yellow plastic underlayer and red rubber overlayer. When the rubber overlayer wears down and reveals the yellow plastic, it is time to replace that tool.
- MADI Tools: MADI provides fixed blade and one flip knives, wire brushes, wrenches, lineman hammers, and other hand tools that are insulated with non-conductive, fiberglass reinforced nylon.
- Greenlee: Greenlee provides insulated hand tools including cutting and crimping tools, wire stripping tools, screwdrivers, wrenches, bolt cutters, pliers, and others that are insulated with double layered vinyl.
- ITL Tools: The insulated tools from ITL Tools are the only tools available that are injection molded with Nylon 11. This causes the tool and insulation to be bonded together as one to create a very strong hand tool. These tools are also resistant to moisture, heat, chemicals, corrosion and abrasion.
Buy Insulated Tools and Insulated Socket Sets
Utility workers, linemen, and electricians need to use insulated electrical tools for their protection when doing electrical work. Divergent Alliance is a distributor of insulated electrical tools for the top manufacturers in the industry. If you need to buy insulated electrical tools and socket sets, contact our team at Divergent Alliance.