Wholesale FR Clothing
The job of a lineman is hazardous as they spend their time working on electrical systems with high voltage and often must climb utility poles and powerlines to do their job. Within this industry, every safety precaution must be taken to protect the safety of linemen and other workers. This includes everything from engaging in safe practices to using safety equipment like grounding, insulated tools, and clothing. No lineman should be working on an electrical system without flame-resistant (FR) clothing.
It is important for linemen to always wear FR clothing because they regularly come into contact with systems harboring high voltage and heat. Flame-resistant and fire-retardant clothing is manufactured to protect the wearer from flames and thermal exposure, including the heat generated by an electrical arc. OSHA regulations mandate the use of FR clothing by linemen and will fine companies that do not properly outfit their employees with flame-resistant clothing.
As an employer, it is your responsibility to provide FR clothing for your employees to help ensure their safety. Divergent Alliance provides wholesale FR clothing to help companies across the U.S. properly outfit their employees. We supply FR clothing wholesale from MCR Safety, a trusted manufacturer that has been producing personal protective equipment (PPE) including FR clothes for 45 years.
At Divergent Alliance, we will help ensure that you get the flame-resistant and fire-retardant clothing you need to keep your employees safe and stay in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Call Divergent Alliance at (847) 531-0559 or submit a contact form to learn more about our volume pricing for wholesale FR clothing. We also offer fast shipping across the United States.
What is FR Clothing?
As mentioned above, FR clothing is clothing with flame resistant qualities that protects the wearer from flames and exposure to extreme heat. FR clothing is made from materials that cannot catch fire easily, and these materials are designed to quickly self-extinguish if they do catch fire. Linemen and other utility workers can safely work in potentially hazardous locations with FR clothing as it greatly reduces the risk of injury.
FR clothing is designed to resist igniting and self-extinguish quickly to avoid spreading fires. The wearer is less likely to suffer burns and they will have time to escape dangerous situations before becoming seriously injured. The self-extinguishing quality of the clothing will also prevent workers retreating from a hazardous environment from spreading the fire via their clothing.
Difference Between Flame-Resistant and Fire-Retardant
When it comes to FR clothing, the “FR” can stand for flame-resistant or fire-retardant. Flame-resistant and fire-retardant clothing both accomplish the same thing, but there is a difference:
- Flame-resistant: Flame-resistant clothing is clothing made from materials and fabrics that are inherently nonflammable. The chemical structure of these materials naturally resists flames and if they do catch on fire, they will burn very slowly or self-extinguish. The term “fire-resistant” is a synonym of “flame-resistant,” which makes these terms interchangeable.
- Fire-retardant: Fire-retardant clothing is clothing made from fabrics that are not inherently flame-resistant but have undergone a chemical treatment to gain flame-resistant qualities. The chemical treatments make flame-retardant clothing self-extinguishing and slow burning like flame-resistant clothing. Any type of fabric can be treated to become flame-retardant.
Protection from Flame-Resistant Clothing
FR clothing is manufactured differently depending on the level of protection it must provide for its intended use. Most FR clothing is made for two levels of protection: primary protection and secondary protection.
- Primary protection: FR clothing meant for primary protection is designed to protect those who are exposed directly to flames, radiant heat, and molten substance splash. The most obvious example is the gear worn by firefighters. The FR clothing is produced to provide the highest level of protection against constant heat and flames.
- Secondary protection: FR clothing meant for secondary protection is designed to protect the wearer from intermittent hazards which can include flames, heat, and molten substance splash. In environments in which secondary protection is required, the worker is not exposed to constant hazards, but may experience brief exposure to a fire or heat. This is the type of FR clothing used by linemen and other utility workers.
Materials of FR Clothing
FR clothing is made from several different materials with inherent flame-resistant qualities. The fabrics are typically a blend of different synthetic materials that are designed to resist ignition and self-extinguish. Each type of flame-resistant fabric has advantages and disadvantages in various working environments. A fabric should be chosen that is best suited for the working environment of your employees.
The following are the most common flame-resistant fibers used for FR clothing:
- Modacrylic: Modacrylic fibers are the most commonly used fibers to produce flame-resistant fabrics. These fibers are often used in a blend and the combination of fibers can be used to produce several different types of effective flame-resistant fabrics.
- Nomex: Nomex is a fiber with inherent flame-resistant qualities that can be used on its own to create FR clothing. This fiber can also be combined with other materials, including Kevlar.
- Kevlar: Kevlar is a high-strength, flame-resistant fabric that is often combined with Nomex to make FR clothing.
For our FR clothing wholesale prices, call us at (847) 531-0559 or submit a contact form. We also offer fast shipping across the United States.
Wholesale FR Shirts
Linemen and utility workers must be outfitted with FR clothing to keep themselves protected from fire and heat sources. At Divergent Alliance, we provide a range of FR clothing from MCR Safety including FR shirts. The FR work shirts and FR Henley shirts from MCR Safety come in several colors and feature their Summit Breeze® technology which is a ventilation system that helps keep workers cool.
Divergent Alliance can supply wholesale FR shirts to help you outfit your employees with flame-resistant work shirts. You can choose from flame-resistant shirts made with Nomex and cotton/ nylon flame-retardant shirts from MCR Safety.
Wholesale FR Hoodies
Linemen work in all seasons of the year which means they need to be protected from the cold as well as fire and heat. Divergent Alliance provides FR hoodies wholesale from MCR Safety that are warm and comfortable. They are made from 100% FR cotton interlock fleece shell which makes them soft and comfortable enough to move easily while working. FR hoodies from MCR safety are available in pullover and zip-up styles.
Wholesale FR Pants
It is important for work pants to be comfortable, durable, and flame-resistant. At Divergent Alliance, we provide FR pants wholesale from MCR Safety. Their FR pants are durable and comfortable and use both lightweight and heavyweight FR materials. Available options include cargo pants, jeans, and duck work pants.
FR Clothing Supplier
Outfitting your employees with FR clothing will help protect them from fire and thermal energy and keep your company in compliance with OSHA regulations. Divergent Alliance can provide FR clothing wholesale from MCR Safety so you can outfit your entire crew.
Call Divergent Alliance at (847) 531-0559 or submit a contact form to learn more about our volume pricing for wholesale FR clothing. We can ship anywhere in the United States.